The Environmental Safety Consultant provides on-site support during hazardous materials and hygiene related commercial, industrial, and residential projects. They represent ASE Services professionally, from conducting fieldwork through creating clear, well-written documentation that accurately reflects their findings and recommendations.
- Collect samples of building materials that have the potential to contain hazardous materials, such as asbestos, mould, lead, etc;
- Conduct air monitoring and inspections during hazardous material remediation projects to ensure air levels remain safe for workers and the public;
- Analyze air samples to determine whether they are below the legislated Occupational Exposure Limit;
- Create accurate and detailed letters and reports containing sample results, findings, and recommendations for each client;
- Conduct other safety assessments as required. These may include hygiene, LEED, and other indoor air quality issues; and
- Communicate effectively with contractors regarding projects, clients regarding questions and results, co-workers and management regarding pertinent information, questions, and issues.
- University Degree in a science related discipline
- Strong report writing skills – excellent attention to detail and commitment to professionalism
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and to take on new challenges
- Proven track record of ability to be accountable and responsible
The successful applicant must have a reliable vehicle, valid drivers’ license, and clean drivers abstract. We pay mileage and work-related expenses, including per diem, and we allow you to bank your overtime. Evening and weekend work and travel will be required.
Cover letters and resumes may be sent to: Tara Viccars, Director of Corporate Services via e-mail, email@example.com.