Alberta Safety & Environmental (ASE) Services is an environmental health, safety and hygiene company specializing in the field of hazardous materials. Headquartered in Calgary, with offices in Edmonton, Red Deer, and Lethbridge, ASE Services identifies hazardous building material concerns and then designs an effective course of action. With the flexibility to structure our services to meet the needs of our clients, ASE Services’ line of operations includes: project management, air monitoring and inspections, interior environmental assessments, indoor air quality and industrial hygiene services, and safety training.
Environmental Safety Consultant
As a core member of our safety team, the Environmental Safety Consultant provides the necessary guidance to ensure that work areas are safe for workers and the public. Your main tasks will include providing air monitoring and inspections during renovation and demolition projects involving hazardous materials, such as asbestos, mould, lead, etc. You will also have a great opportunity to gain experience in different types of safety related assessments. The successful candidate will work within several industries in Edmonton and throughout Alberta, coordinating on projects with a variety of stakeholders.
- Conduct air monitoring and inspections during hazardous material remediation projects to ensure air levels remain safe for workers and the public;
- Collect samples of building materials that have the potential to contain hazardous materials, such as asbestos, mould, lead, etc;
- Perform environmental assessments, such as hazardous materials, indoor air quality, LEED, etc;
- Analyze air samples to determine whether they are below the legislated Occupational Exposure Limit;
- Create accurate and detailed letters and reports containing sample results, findings, and recommendations for each client; and
- Communicate effectively with contractors, clients, co-workers, and management
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- College Diploma or University Degree in a science related discipline
- Strong ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven report writing experience
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and to take on new challenges
- Proven track record of ability to be accountable and responsible
- Reliable vehicle, valid drivers’ license, and clean drivers abstract
ASE Services provides a productive work environment that offers our team variety and challenge. We are dedicated to helping our employees succeed through training and by offering opportunities to grow and learn.
We pay mileage and work-related expenses, including per diem, and we allow you to bank your overtime. Evening, weekend work and travel will be required. Please visit our website for more information on our company: www.aseservices.com.